gcry_cipher_register()

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 12 12:55:58 CET 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:00, nmav at gnutls.org said:

>  I happened to work on some embedded boards that have cryptographic
> co-processors or so and they can execute AES, SHA etc faster than a
> software implementation on the same board. For curiocity I'd like to ask
> whether the gcry_*_register() would allow replacing a default cipher using an

No, it is not defined.  However, I'd very much like to add such support.
I recently added a bit of framework for it and I am keen to actually
code some support.  I am still missing a test machine (remote should be
sufficient).  Adding support would automagially benefit all
applications.

Shalom-Salam,