segfault in gcrypt 1.4.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 22 08:03:01 CET 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:13, gnupg at ethen.de said:

> I don't get what's "incomplete" here.

Neiterh do I ;-).  The bug report was not really clear on what you did.
it looked like the library was build despite that a compile bug occurred.

> I suffer the same problem as before that I need to set
> CFLAGS="-fomit-frame-pointer" to be able to compile rijndael.c which gives me

You may not use -fomit-frame-pointer with libgcrypt 1.4.0 on ia32.  We
have a fix in the works.  Please describe the problem again you have
compiling libgcrypt (rijndael.c?).

> A workaround I found is to start "make" without CFLAGS, compile rijndael.c by

Don't mess around with the build system and then wonder about bugs at
other places.

Shalom-Salam,