ecc.c data structures

Sergi Blanch i Torné sergi at calcurco.cat
Sun Dec 27 22:01:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a design doubt following the "ECC in OpenPGP"[1] draft that I like to
discuss. I like the current internal structs: 'ECC_secret_key' and
'ECC_public_key'. They have the elliptic curve (as 'elliptic_curve_t'), the
public key (as 'mpi_point_t') and, if it's the case, the secret key (as
'gcry_mpi_t').

Not all the data from the draft can be stored in this structs as they are. The
low level hash and symmetric algorithms ID has to be stored, but other
information like the curve OID and the fingerprint also is need for KDF (Key
Derivation Function)

First of all, how can be better to be structured? Would I define something like
ECC_param_t and put it in the 'ECC_{secret,public}_key' structs? Or can be
more elegant to have this in the struct of the context mpi_ec_t? This params
are only necessary for encrypt, and this may disturb in this proposed places.

The second issue I have now is the fingerprint I mention. I don't know how can
I have this information in side a libgcrypt module. The kdf algorithm uses
this data, but from where this has to be written I don't know who to access
it.

By now this. More issues will come soon... Thanks.

/Sergi.

[1]: http://sites.google.com/site/brainhub/pgp