Detect PGP encrypted files

Filip junk.bbb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:51:28 CET 2010

Hi,

How can I detect PGP encrypted files? I have noticed that the third, forth
and fifth bytes are always 'PGP' .. but I prefer to have a better signature
.. 3 bytes are not enough and may cause false positives ... so can you
please tell me how to better detect PGP encrypted files and is there a
specification document for the PGP format other than the one here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880

Is there any other data encryption methods like PGP which are famously used
to encrypt files?

Thanks