Problem building 1.4.5

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 22 11:07:42 CEST 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:24, vapier.adi at gmail.com said:

> at any rate, if we sent a patch that turned src/libgcrypt.vers into a
> src/libgcrypt.vers.in and then ran `sed` on it, would you guys take it

As I said, this uglifies the version file and the version file is part
of the ABI: It defines which symbols belong to which ABI.  Thus it is
really important.

Of course that reises a related problem: As soon as we need do change
the API we won't can't support Blackfin anymore.  This is actually the
same as with platforms where we don't have a GNU (or Solaris) linker -
we would need to break the ABI on those platform.

Given that we are using the GNU toolchain, it is very unfortunate that
we can't support Blackfin in the same way as other GNU platforms.  I
guess that this problem has not been raised earlier is due to the
there-is-only-intel-and-linux-in-the-world believe of one well-known
glibc hacker.

Given that this is not gcrypt specific, I'll start a new thread to
discuss this problems with a couple of other guys.

Salam-Shalom,