using .pc file

Vincent Torri vincent.torri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:30:13 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Andreas Metzler <
ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:

> Vincent Torri <vincent.torri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would like to know if pkg-config support can be added. I can provide a
> > patch if the devs agree with such addition
> [...]
>
> I had proposed this in 2007, but it was denied. Rationale is here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.libgcrypt.devel/1733

I don't understand the argument about propoer crosscompilation problem. I am
compiling for Windows :

 * for XP on XP with MSYS+MinGW
 * for XP on linux using the cross-compilation toolchain that is on my
distro
 * for CE on linux using mingw32ce

There is no problem at all with pkg-config. Can Werner Koch elaborate a bit
?

thank you

Vincent Torri