CAVP Tests

Stephan Mueller smueller at chronox.de
Wed Jan 11 17:47:07 CET 2012

On 11.01.2012 16:55:59, +0100, Simon Crowe <smncrowe at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Simon,
> All,
>
> Stephan, thanks for the information with respect to the perl script.
>
> With respect to the MAC size, i need the MAC size for HMAC-SHA384

The CAVS test vectors are really problematic in this area. The Perl
script uses the following, which is the default -- there are other size
combinations (IIRC, CAVS may test a truncated SHA512 hash that is
supposed to have a size of 48). So, sync that with your CAVS vectors!

        # XXX this is a hack - we need to decipher the HMAC REQ files in
a more
        # sane way
        #
        # This is a conversion table from the expected hash output size
        # to the assumed hash type - we only define here the block size of
        # the underlying hashes and do not allow any truncation
        my %hashtype = (
                20 => 1,
                28 => 224,
                32 => 256,