New amd64 implementations?

Jussi Kivilinna jussi.kivilinna at iki.fi
Wed Jun 26 12:38:24 CEST 2013

On 25.06.2013 11:04, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:47, jussi.kivilinna at iki.fi said:
>
>> Basically I added the autogen.sh mingw64 changes that appeared in libgpg-error and
>
> That is the right way.

Is it ok, if I make new branch for mingw64 support work?

> Remember not to use any build done for w64.  The RNG has not been
> checked for correctness - in fact it is unlikely that it is okay.

What kind of problems should be checked for?

Microsoft appears to have made transition from WIN32 to WIN64 easy; the size of 'long' remains at 4 bytes and type sizes in Win API appear to remain mostly the same with exception of pointer
types (HANDLE, HWIN, etc) and pointer sized integers.

Some API functions appear to be changed, most notably GetProcessWorkingSetSize which now takes two SIZE_T* arguments, instead of two DWORD*.

-Jussi