GOST ECC pubkey

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Sep 20 07:33:45 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-20 at 14:07 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> I read through the document, draft-dolmatov-gost34102012-00.
>
> IIUC, its domain parameters consist of: (p, a, b, m, q, P).
>
>    p: the prime.
>    a, b: coefficients which define the curve E.
>    m: the order of the curve
>    q: order of cyclic subgroup of elliptic curve points group
>    P: something like base point where q * P = O
>
> Thus, I think that we need to extend the structure ecc_domain_parms_t
> to include "q", at first.

No, I was wrong.  Sorry.

In the process of computation of signature or verification of signature,
we don't use m, the order of the curve at all.

I think that it is possible to represent GOST3410 without extending
the structure ecc_domain_parms_t.  Just redefine "n" as order of
cyclic subgroup of elliptic curve points group for GOST3410.

p: the prime
a, b: coefficients which define the curve E.
n: order of cyclic subgroup of elliptic curve points group
G: n * G = O