--disable-asm flag not being fully honored

Jussi Kivilinna jussi.kivilinna at iki.fi
Fri Sep 20 16:22:43 CEST 2013

On 20.09.2013 14:53, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:44, jussi.kivilinna at iki.fi said:
>
>> Maybe we could add Clang detection to configure.ac and then #undef __GNUC__ if compiler is Clang. This would be because "GCC support" in Clang appears to be broken.
>
> ./configure --disable-heinous-clang-illness
>
> ?

Users are still going to try Clang and complain when libgcrypt does not work out of box with it.

Maybe this should be dealt as portability issue and accept fact that there are broken compilers that lie about their ability to behave as GCC within '#ifdef __GNUC__/#endif'. So instead of checking for Clang specifically, we could add check for broken __GNUC__.

-Jussi