2014 FIPS disallows ANSI X9.31

John Masinter john at masinter.net
Thu Jan 16 18:21:12 CET 2014

I searched several months back in the maillist archives for this subject,
and did not see a discussion.

The ANSI X 9.31 RNG should be replaced with FIPS recommended SP800-90 DRBG.

We need this to certify GnuPG which uses libgcrypt.

Is there any branch or work planned to address the 2014 change in FIPS
requirements?

Any pointers or lists, source branches, or anything that may help implement
this is appreciated.

Or is there any option to build GnuPG with OpenSSL? (Are you laughing now?:)

Thank you very much for any input on the subject.