LGPL vs. OCB license

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Fri Dec 15 18:50:25 CET 2017

On 2017-12-15 18:34, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 12/15/2017 06:09 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> I'm not deep into the crypto design at all, but is there a way to
>> exclude to usage of this implementation during runtime?
>
> Would presumably be even better to make this a compile time switch.

Didn't dare to ask this as I have no idea how relevant the algorithm
might be.

I suppose, from a distro POV, being able to provide it as add-on in a
separate package would be most flexible so that users can choose
depending on their constraints and needs. But I don't see libcrypto
being structured like that already.

> In addition to the debian bug referenced I've opened a similar bug for
> Gentoo at https://bugs.gentoo.org/641160 , we will need to figure out
> how to handle it there as well.

Thanks for the link. Ideally, the community finds a common pattern for
handling this topic, both for completely free software as well as
commercial integration scenarios.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA ITP SES-DE