Computer Science bachelor degree thesis on Libgcrypt

Marcio Barbado, Jr. marcio.barbado at bdslabs.com.br
Wed Feb 8 03:34:31 CET 2017

Hey.

While we're a tad confused with your silence, our excitement in
studying GnuPG remains unscathed (e.g: we've been trying to identify and
understand the main differences between OpenPGP and X.509). This feels
like approaching a kung fu master in the very top of a mountain when
he's meditating. He listens to the eager novices' claims but doesn't
even open his eyes.

Well, we've been browsing GnuPG's bug tracker, searching for minor bugs
and features, but except for Issue2056, which involves an OS we're not
really able to work with, we could not find Libgcrypt stuff.

Other than the mentioned ticket, performing simple queries with
"gcrypt" and "libgcrypt" (they don't return equivalent results) has
provided us with resolved issues only.

Also, we did read the TODO file of Libgcrypt, where we found apparently
interesting stuff to deal with. But they're not detailed like the
Roundup items so we're kinda lost.

Surely we know our work may not be useful for you after all (though we
dream of the opposite) but some basic guidance would be fairly
appreciated. For example, should we post on another mailing list or is
this the proper one for algorithmic code development?

Regards,