libgcrypt fails to compile with Xcode 9 against iOS 11 SDK

Chris Ballinger chrisballinger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 07:17:24 CEST 2017

Ah, apologies for the spam then. I'm actually using clang/llvm 9.0.0 on
macOS. I think the issue is that mach-o doesn't support the .type and .size
directive but I really don't know how to fix that in a way that would be
merged back into libgcrypt, so I just disabled asm. Simply removing those
lines allows the asm to compile but then it won't link, so obviously that's
not the solution.

I ended up having to disable arm64 assembly entirely, although that's not
really ideal. I'm sure someone else using libgcrypt on iOS will eventually
run into this issue, hopefully whoever it is has a better idea of how to
fix it than me.