libgcrypt fails to compile with Xcode 9 against iOS 11 SDK

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Sat Oct 7 16:24:30 CEST 2017

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 05:17:24AM +0000, Chris Ballinger wrote:

> Ah, apologies for the spam then. I'm actually using clang/llvm 9.0.0
> on macOS.

I've generally found that to be unwise for any project which is
specifically part of the GNU Project software.  It's one of a number
of reasons behind managing libs and dependencies through MacPorts.
That way any of the GNU Project software can easily continue using GCC
(including gcrypt, gnutls, gmime and all of the gnupg libs), but with
clang still hanging around for almost everything else.

Regards,
Ben