libgcrypt fails to compile with Xcode 9 against iOS 11 SDK

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 9 10:12:10 CEST 2017

On Sat,  7 Oct 2017 16:24, ben at adversary.org said:

> (including gcrypt, gnutls, gmime and all of the gnupg libs), but with
> clang still hanging around for almost everything else.

All GnuPG components aim to be portable over all Unices and thus the
compiler should never matter.  The system(3) call in the test suite is
actually a shortcut to avoid adding a lot of other code and is not a
security problem because we don't use setuid and we control all
parameters.

I am also sure that there is a way to keep on using system(3) because
this API is part of ISO C.

Salam-Shalom,