USB vendor ID 0000 on Blue Pill

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Apr 9 10:55:23 CEST 2018

On 09/04/18 04:15, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> Or... is it better to default to the image with VID-PID, changing the
> last step to generate distribution image withno VID-PID?  I wonder.

Right now, you explicitly name the image /with/ a VID and PID. But maybe
people will pick up quicker on the way it works when you explicitly name
the image /without/ a VID and PID.

Instead of
gnuk.bin/.hex/.elf/...
gnuk-vidpid.bin/.hex/.elf/...

Name them
gnuk-novidpid.bin/...
gnuk.bin/...

That way, the name is a red flag to anyone trying to flash the former,
and they will consult the documentation to find out what step they are
missing.

HTH,

Peter.