OT: Answer to own message (was: I'm not able to set vid and pid)

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Apr 12 21:24:55 CEST 2018

On 12/04/18 21:06, Lovro Orešković wrote:
> Sorry about making noise on the mailing list with something the that
> basically has a RTFM answer.

No problem, we all make mistakes.

> I would've answered to my self, but I guess the mail was waiting for
> approval or something, I was not seeing it.

I'm not sure if I've ever done this on gnuk-users, but I certainly have
on gnupg-users, and it works fine, so the Mailman at lists.gnupg.org
works with this:

If I need to reply to my own message, I simply reply to the copy in my
Sent folder. Since my MUA generated the Message-ID of the message that
will end up at all subscribers of the mailing list, and that Message-ID
is also in my own copy in my Sent folder, it will thread correctly just
like it would have if I'd replied to the copy I got back from the
mailing list.

That's how I think to understand it implementation-wise, but

TL;DR: Simply reply to your own copy in your Sent folder and all will be
fine.

HTH,

Peter.