Gnuk upgrade

Szczepan Zalega | Nitrokey szczepan at nitrokey.com
Tue Sep 18 10:13:42 CEST 2018

On 09/17/2018 09:51 PM, Andrius Štikonas via Gnuk-users wrote:
> I was trying to upgrade firmware of my gnuk token. One of the steps in
> the upgrade guide is registering a public rsa2048 key with the token.
>
> However, when I run that command, I get the following error
>
> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong? Neither scdaemon nor pcscd is running.

Hi!

Log indicates update script has connected, but device returned error
6581. What GNUK version are you using currently?

Have you tried `upgrade_by_passwd.py` [1], as in:

./upgrade_by_passwd.py regnual.bin gnuk.bin

[1] Nitrokey Start upgrade help page, which is based on GNUK:
https://github.com/Nitrokey/nitrokey-start-firmware/tree/gnuk1.2-regnual-fix/prebuilt#upgrading-the-device

--
Best regards,
Szczepan