User reports GNUK 1.2.14 losing his keys

Szczepan Zalega | Nitrokey szczepan at nitrokey.com
Wed Jan 22 17:05:05 CET 2020

Hello,

One of Nitrokey Start/GNUK 1.2.14 users reports his device is losing his
keys overnight. However maximum PIN lengths are zeroed as well while
running `gnupg --card-status`, which looks suspicious and might rather
direct to backend IPC communication issues. I tried to reproduce it, but
with no luck. As far as I know this is a single case.

Has anyone encountered such a situation before? Any tips, how to debug
this? I have already asked about scdaemon.log.

Details: https://support.nitrokey.com/t/nitrokey-start-forgets-keys/2113

--
Best regards,
Szczepan