Seahorse 0.3.4 Release
anthony at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Feb 16 15:43:11 CET 2000
I would like to announce the release of Seahorse 0.3.4, a Gnome GUI
The main changes in this release are :
* An GTK text widget has been added to the main window and encrypted
/ decrypted output is directed here. The contents of this widget
can be edited, selected, cleared and the current selection can be
pasted into it. It is not a complete text editor, but it offers
some basic operations which may be useful for making small changes
to text before encrypting.
* Seahorse can now detect whether the gnupg directory exists and
will start a "druid" (the Gnome equivalent of a Windows wizard)
to help the user generate a key if the directory isn't found.
* A patch to enable the GnuPG interface to handle passphrases and
clipboard strings of arbitrary length has been added.
* A patch to make the rpm spec file more portable and flexible has
* More functions have been added to the Key Manager and the
interface has been improved.
* Proxy support can now be enabled or disabled. (the http_proxy
environment variable must be set if the proxy is enabled)
Tarballs, debian packages and rpms can be downloaded from
I would like to hear any comments or suggestions which you might have.
Anthony Mulcahy <anthony at kcn.ne.jp> GPG Key ID 61CA8871
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 232 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /pipermail/attachments/20000216/a12fbe43/attachment.pgp
More information about the Gnupg-announce