[Announce] GnuPG 1.2.5 second release candidate
wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 16 16:43:38 CEST 2004
We are pleased to announce the availability of the second release
candidate for GnuPG 1.2.5:
or as a patch against the first RC
Mirrors are listed at http://www.gnupg.org/download/mirrors.html
MD5 sums are:
As this is the stable branch, this release contains mostly bug and
portability fixes. Please test this release and report any problems.
Noteworthy changes since 1.2.4:
* New --ask-cert-level/--no-ask-cert-level option to turn on and
off the prompt for signature level when signing a key. Defaults
* New --min-cert-level option to disregard key signatures that are
under a specified level. Defaults to 1 (i.e. don't disregard
* New --max-output option to limit the amount of plaintext output
generated by GnuPG. This option can be used by programs which
call GnuPG to process messages that may result in plaintext
larger than the calling program is prepared to handle. This is
sometimes called a "Decompression Bomb".
* New --list-config command for frontends and other programs that
call GnuPG. See doc/DETAILS for the specifics of this.
* New --gpgconf-list command for internal use by the gpgconf
utility from gnupg 1.9.x.
* Some performance improvements with large keyrings. See
--enable-key-cache=SIZE in the README file for details.
* Some portability fixes for the OpenBSD/i386, HPPA, and AIX
* Simplified Chinese translation.
Since RC1 we fixed a couple more portability issues as well as some
other glitches. If we don't get serious complaints on this release,
1.2.5 will be released soon.
The GnuPG Team
More information about the Gnupg-announce