Some suggestions

Bill Frantz frantz@netcom.com
Tue Apr 28 18:21:39 CEST 1998

At 4:57 AM -0800 4/28/98, Werner Koch wrote:
> 2) We need a new compression algorithm.
>    The ZIP algorithm with id 1 is not described in a RFC and
>    the support in zlib is not documented. I suggest a ZIP
>    algorithm with id 2 which complies to RFC1950.

The version of ZIP in Java 1.1.3 has memory leaks and isn't thread safe.  I
don't know about other implementations using zlib.

Bill Frantz       | If hate must be my prison  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lock, then love must be    | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | the key.     - Phil Ochs   | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA