1 year and 1 day

John A. Martin jam at jamux.com
Sat Dec 26 08:47:27 CET 1998

    Werner> ... after the very first release of GnuPG I have just
    Werner> released 0.9.

    jam> Making check in checks
    jam> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jamsrc/gnupg-0.9.0/checks'

         [[ much stuff leading to perpetual "gpg: waiting for lock
         (hold by 13169) ..." ]]

It looks like the fault has something to do with 'trustdb' and
'trustdb.lock' in the checks directory, if I have spelt the file names
correctly from memory.  However, no amount of my futzing with those
files has produced a successful check.

At this point I'm beginning to view 'make check' as being somewhat
hateful if not downright evil because it seems rather troublesome when
something goes awry.  For example I saw a handful of processes running
a couple of days after I had thought I had aborted a 'make check' and
some were replaced by others immediately after being killed.  Also, it
is not obvious how to run individual tests or some tests and not
others.

This is gcc 2.7.2.1 and libc 5.3.12.

	jam