misc bits and pieces

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Tue Dec 29 14:49:43 CET 1998

Steve Kennedy <steve at gbnet.net> writes:

> Seems I MUST use gmake or things blow up all over the place.

Hmmm, afaik automake creates pretty standard Makefile; what's going
wrong?

> Trying to use Sun's cc and things go wrong (main undefined when
> trying to load tiger). The problems a guess are due to gcc flags

You don't really need tiger :-)

> ld: fatal: entry point symbol `xport-dynamic' is undefined

Can you lookup in your ld manual the correct options for creating
objects which are runtime linked by dlopen and the option correcpondig
to --export-dynamic (make all symbols in a programm visible to the dl)?

tia,