Blowfish160 and OpenPGP

Juergen A. Erhard jae at laden.ilk.de
Fri May 22 15:16:57 CEST 1998

    Werner> Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au> writes:
    >> feedback" by Yvo Desmedt, Yair Frankel and Moti Yung. It was published in
    >> IEEE Infocom '92, pages 2045 - 2054. They present two multi-receiver

    Werner> Let's see whether it is in my digital IEEE subscription.

    >> the 180K+ public keys that the keyservers have on file are PGP2.x
    >> - basically, if you have to do your own thing, do it.

    Werner> I'll try to stick to OpenPGP as long as it does not make too much
    Werner> hassle.

Ain't killing Blowfish160 too much hassle?

Mind you, I don't know much about all this... but I wonder whether we
really have to be OpenPGP compliant in all respects.

I seem to recall 'GNU is compatible, but also more powerful' or
something.

Can't we make up some format that is a superset of OpenPGP?

I really don't like OpenPGP to make some (potential... beneficial?)
features of GPG impossible (illegal?).

--
Jürgen A. Erhard  eMail: jae at laden.ilk.de  phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
	My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/~Juergen_Erhard