Using GPG in the US

Jimmy Kaplowitz jkaplowitz at softhome.net
Wed Nov 25 00:34:38 CET 1998

> Actually, I used to use PGP5 for that ('pgpk -a someone at somewhere') and
> then extract from PGP5 and into GPG... I realized how stupid that was,
> so did the one-line-script trick. :)

Yeah. I actually read (I think it was in the PGP5-GPG HOWTO!) something
whereby someone recommended that you use PGP itself to import keys into
GPG! That's where I got my misimpression that PGP was necessary for that
task. Shocking...

> You should be able to use any of the usual keyservers, since that's all
> that PGP5/6 does with the fancy gui under Windoze.  I like my way
> better. :)

Me too :) Not least because it dispenses with the need for PGP at all.

> --
> Brian Moore                       | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
>       Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach
>       Usenet Vandal               |  is higher up on the evolutionary chain."
>       Netscum, Bane of Elves.                 Peter Olson, Delphi Postmaster

VERY cool signature :) BTW what kind(s) of Hacker/Vandal/Netscum are
you?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
  jkaplowitz at softhome.net