HP/UX compile of GNUpg: paches needed

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Tue Oct 6 17:47:45 CEST 1998

Werner Koch <wk at isil.d.shuttle.de> writes:

> Glen Stewart  (address removed by wk on 2000-08-28) writes:
>
> > Can anyone who has successfully compiled GNUpg on a HP please reply to this
> > message with patches required for compile on the HP ANSI compiler?  We've got
> > HP/UX 10.20 on a RISC B180 and the default configured stuff croaks
>
> Please mail me a script of your configure, make session.

Thanks, for the script.

Are you sure you have installed the HP compiler???

The one which comes with the system is a minimal K&R compiler - you
can't do much with this beast.  The compilers bails out at such a
standard cpp directive like:

  #undef

ANSI allows that the hash is not in the first column.

I once checked it with the real hp compiler and it worked.
I suggest you install gcc on you system (the installed cc is good
enough for bootstrapping gcc).