gpg --list-keys not working

Chris Wiegand cwiegand at urgentmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:05:27 CEST 1998

I can't get gpg --list-keys or --list-secret-keys, or even -kv, to work. I
get this:

cwiegand $ gpg --list-secret-keys
gpg (GNUPG) 0.3.4; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

/home/cwiegand/.gnupg/secring.gpg

gpg: Ooops: mpi crosses packet bordersecmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks
of pool 0/16384
IOT trap/Abort

I'm trying to design pgp4pine so that you can selectively choose different
"local user", or signing keys, instead of just the default. However, I
can't get gpg to tell me what those keys are...