Bug? or misuse?

Michael Sobolev mss at despair.transas.com
Thu Sep 17 23:56:10 CEST 1998

Hi.

I seem to find a behaviour that I cannot understand.  What I do:

mss at despair$ gpg --gen-key

As result I get a pair of keys for Test User.  I should note that I specified
2y (2 years) as a period of validness for this key.

mss at despair$ gpg --edit-key "Test User"
gpg (GNUPG) 0.3.5; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
Secret key is available.

pub   768G/384A9226  created: 1998-09-16 expires: never      trust: -/u
(1)  Test User <test at despair.transas.com>

Command>

Why it shows "never" for date of expiry?

TIA,

--
Mike