Error Compiling GNUPGP-0.9.5 under AIX 4.1.5

joachim.zaers at sercon.de joachim.zaers at sercon.de
Fri Apr 16 19:03:52 CEST 1999

Maybe somebody can help:

I tried to compile the current version on an AIX-4.1.5 ( I know it is an
old version, but I still have to use it).
I build myself a late version of the gcc compiler using egcs-1.1.2 and it
build quite a lot of packages fine.
When applying it to the gnupgp package I get the following error.
Any idea?

make
     make  all-recursive
Making all in intl
Target "all" is up to date.
Making all in zlib
Target "all" is up to date.
Making all in util
Target "all" is up to date.
Making all in mpi
     gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include    -g -O2 -Wall
-Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes  -c mpih-div.c
mpih-div.c: In function `mpihelp_mod_1':
mpih-div.c:86: warning: implicit declaration of function `__udiv_w_sdiv'
mpih-div.c:189: fixed or forbidden register 64 (mq) was spilled for class
MQ_REGS.
This may be due to a compiler bug or to impossible asm
statements or clauses.
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.

Any help appreciated,

     Joachim Zaers