problems with 0.9.5b (CVS)

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Sun Apr 18 16:24:00 CEST 1999

Thomas Roessler <roessler at guug.de> writes:

> pub:u:1280:1:3E2500EF593238E1:1996-01-19::3017:-:Thomas Roessler <roessler at guug.de>:
> uid:q::::::::Thomas Roessler <Thomas.Roessler at Sobolev.Rhein.DE>:

Fixed (but a bad hack).  Now that we have validity information for
every uid, I think it makes sense to print all uids and do not merge
the forst one with the "pub" line.  Right or would it break any code?

>   gnupg should at least have an _option_ to enable the import of
>   keys which have only non-self-signed user IDs.

I could argue, that they are anyway only usable with RSA/IDEA.  But okay,
I see that there is a problem.  Maybe a solution is to allow this only
for RSA keys in v3 packets which do have a "ENCR" in it?  Simply
allowing non self-signed sigs may produce some other problems - please
give me some time to think about it.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013