Randomness testing

Brian Havard brianh at kheldar.apana.org.au
Thu Dec 30 00:36:54 CET 1999

Hi all,
  I've just joined this list as I'm interested in building GnuPG for the OS/2
platform but have one serious problem, a lack of a suitable randomness
source. So I have a few questions for the experts:

- If I come up with a source of randomness, how do I test how 'good' it is
and how good is good enough for a secure GnuPG?
- How fast does it have to come up with the random data to be acceptable?
- Is there already a generic source of good randomness available anywhere
that I could port?