default keyring

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Thu Feb 25 12:21:32 CET 1999

Matthias Urlichs <smurf at noris.de> writes:

> I'd like to have an option to always add the key to the keyring specified
> on the command line, even if it already is on one of the others.

I take this in account.

> Oh yes, and if I have more than one keyring, how about defaulting to the
> ring which has the most signature matches? I.e., I might have a private and

Code for handling different keyrings is extremly ugly and I see no
solution to work with different keyrings in a reasonable manner.  It
is simply not possible to work with a 2nd database which can be seen
as a different revision of the first one.

A keyring for the own keys makes sense but everything else should
always be merged into one database.  See these multiple keyrings as
a kind of keyservers - and they should be read-only.

ceterum censeo RSA esse delendam