Solved: Problem running gnupg-0.9.0 from a daemon, a (minor) BUG?

Hartmut Wolf Hartmut.Wolf at KirchGruppe.DE
Thu Jan 7 12:15:16 CET 1999

Hi!

First: Thanks to Brian who gave me all the hints needed to make it
run.

What I had to do:

I needed to MODIFY cipher/random.c: uncomment the use of tty_printf
command in line 409. This caused a fatal error if gpg is run from a
daemon:

gpg: fatal: cannot open /dev/tty: No such device or address

Is this a BUG or a fuse to keep people from using it if they don't
have a proper random device? It does not go away if I include
"load-extension rndunix" in the options file as suggested in the
INSTALL.

Hartmut

PS: I'm using 0.9.0.