RSA replacement by Irish girl

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Thu Jan 14 15:13:52 CET 1999

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 11:51:19PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ron Echeverri:
> > How soon till we see this in GPG?  :-)
> >
> Is there an URL for her idea, or (better :-) her code?
>
> NB: speaking of GPG additions, has somebody written IDEA and/or RSA modules
> for it? (Yes I do know it's heretical and all, but I really do want to use
> GPG to verify Netnews cancel messages, and they're sent with oldstyle PGP
> signatures...)

Yep.  rsa.c and idea.c are buried on the ftp site.  Since you're not in
the US, you should be fine with RSA.  The IDEA patent would still apply,
but they haven't seemed as weird about it as RSADSI is (and you don't
really need it to just verify).

--
Brian Moore                       | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach