Manual Contact

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 17:30:50 CET 1999

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 10:58:17AM -0500, Jeffrey Thompson wrote:
>I suggest a PDF formatted manual since you can do:
>- Nice Illustration / WYSYWIG format
>- Hyperlinks
>- Platform Independent
>- Build forms processing into the PDF file
>- Free reader on every platform, including Linux!

No deliberate offence to Jeffrey, but:

No good if you don't want a non-open-source, heavyweight application
clogging up your system. Or you have a telnet-only connection. Or you
care about the file size.

Plain text is WYSIWYG by definition, a whole lot more platform-
independent and free-readerish. If we really need pretty pictures we
can always have a PDF version as well.

I might as well take this opportunity to volunteer to help with /
do large parts of the docs.

Cheers,

Roger