GPG use of PGP keys?

homega at vlc.servicom.es homega at vlc.servicom.es
Fri Jan 29 16:15:48 CET 1999

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether this list is for discussion on the usage of gpg (I
thought so, but it looks like if just documentation development is discussed
on list).  If it's not, will you excuse me for posting this message and
point me to the right place?

I generated some keys with pgp5.5.3i (RSA and DH/DSS), plus one with one of
the so called "guerrilla" versions of pgp (CK-T, or so) under windoze95
(while I was still using it).  Now I work just with Linux (Debian and
Slackware) and would like to try gpg.
Will I be able to use those keys and keyrings (even if only for decryption
purposes) with gpg?
Will I be able to import and encrypt/verify to other's pgp keys?
Will pgp users be able to encrypt/verify gpg generated keys?

I believe there's a .deb package at debian.org, is it the latest version?
is it stable?  is there anything else I need in order to install it?

Thanks in advanced

--
Un saludo,

Horacio