Suggestions and Fixes for SunOS 4.1.3_U1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 30 11:40:11 CEST 1999

sam at Progressive-Systems.Com writes:

> I was able to install gpg 0.9.9 on SunOS 4.1.3_U1 after a couple of
> tweaks.  I used gcc 2.7.2.  Hopefully these changes can make it into

I know that it works on sparc-sun-sunos4.1.2.

Dave, did you use gcc or the standard compiler?

> 2)  [Question] The configure script says you can use
>     --enable-static-rnd=none and load the EGD client code dynamically.
>     But I didn't see any documentation pointing out how to plug in EGD
>     at runtime.  It is unclear to me whether --disable-dynload is
>     related at all to --enable-static-rnd.

With --disable-dynload you have to use --enable-static-rnd=egd or ..
unix.  ./configure should select one for you (probably rndunix :-()

> 3)  The assembly files in mpi/sparc32 need to be tweaked (or at least
>     they did for me.)  All of the symbols defined needed to have an
>     extra underscore prepended to them.  Gpg will not compile without

Argh, what did I broke, was it the left over setting of a variable to
an empty string ...  -- time for another configure option??

>     A more portable approach might be:
>
>   /bin/echo -n "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" | $srcdir/run-gpg --print-mds >y

I thought we agreed on that  /bin/echo "....\c" :-(
Okay, I use now a shell function which checks the behaviour of echo
(taken from configure)

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013