out of memory error during key generation

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Fri Jun 18 09:19:03 CEST 1999

Michael Roth <mroth at nessie.de> writes:

>         Twofish      256

Well, that is Twofish as used in OpenPGP.  IT is also possible to use
Twofish with a 128 bit key and this version has undergone a more
detailed analysis than the ones with 192 or 256 bit keylength.

The OpenPGP WG likes to use 256 bit keys because IMHO it is better for
marketing.  There is no real security advantage and you need 256 bit
of random to make such a session key and random bytes are a scare
resource.  Anyway, we have decided on using this keylength and I hope
we will sometime in the future agree on a MDC algorithm, so that we
can really support Twofish.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013