*big* locking problem in 1.0.0?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 10 15:46:02 CET 1999

Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> writes:

> gpg: /home/jbglaw/.gnupg/pubring.gpg: keyring created
>
> *uups* What's that!? This keyring was indeed empty! Okay, I can reget all

My first thought on this was that there is some missing code in the
keyring editing stuff.  However everything seems to be fine: While we
are editing (involving copying and rename operations) the keyring, the
keyring is locked using a file <keyringname>.lock and from tne ocde I
can't see any problem.

Can you please try to investigate this a little bit more.  Are you
using a NFS mounted FS?  The problem seems to be in
ringedit.c:keyring_copy()

   Werner

p.s.

> load-extension /var/lib/gnupg/skipjack

What the h... you are all doing?  This was never meant to be used.
It does not make sense and may weaken your system.  Please remove it
unless you are doing some research on this algorithm.  I noticed this
line several times in bug reports.  Probably I have to remove such
dangerous stuff from the FTP server.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013