*big* locking problem in 1.0.0?

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Nov 10 18:01:08 CET 1999

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 03:46:02PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> writes:
>
> > gpg: /home/jbglaw/.gnupg/pubring.gpg: keyring created
> >
> > *uups* What's that!? This keyring was indeed empty! Okay, I can reget all
>
> My first thought on this was that there is some missing code in the
> keyring editing stuff.  However everything seems to be fine: While we
> are editing (involving copying and rename operations) the keyring, the
> keyring is locked using a file <keyringname>.lock and from tne ocde I
> can't see any problem.
>
> Can you please try to investigate this a little bit more.  Are you
> using a NFS mounted FS?  The problem seems to be in
> ringedit.c:keyring_copy()

No, the keyring is on a local hard disk...

Okay, I'll take a test computer and try to crash the keyring;)

> p.s.
> > load-extension /var/lib/gnupg/skipjack
>
> What the h... you are all doing?  This was never meant to be used.
> It does not make sense and may weaken your system.  Please remove it
> unless you are doing some research on this algorithm.  I noticed this
> line several times in bug reports.  Probably I have to remove such
> dangerous stuff from the FTP server.

I'll remove it;) I think you shouldn't remove this but give some comments
for it on the web pages...

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
keyID=0x8399E1BB fingerprint=250D 3BCF 7127 0D8C A444 A961 1DBD 5E75 8399 E1BB