offtopic? pam module using challenge-response and gnupg keys?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Oct 10 18:01:51 CEST 1999

sen_ml at eccosys.com writes:

> is anyone working on (or planning on working on) a pam authentication
> module which provides a challenge-response scheme similar to what is
> provided by rsa authentication of ssh, only using gnupg keys in place
> of rsa keys?

There is a group working on a standard for OpenPGP token controlled
access.  I have no URL ready, but I remember that someone else posted
here about it a while ago.  You should also find something in the list
of the IETF WGs.

The SSH draft has an option to use PGP keys for authorization; don´t
know wehtehr this is already implemented.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013