Fatal error encountered in Win32 version.

Kevin Hung cykhung at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 00:00:59 CEST 1999

I downloaded the win version, gnupg-w32-1_0_0c.zip and
unzip the package into c:/gnupg. I can successfully
generate a key pair. However when I try to generate
another key pair, I answer all questions but at the
end where gpg should start generating the key pair, it
encounters a fatal error and exits. Same problem
occurs when I try to use my own public key to encrypt
a file (named file1). The file "file1.gpg" is created
but has 0 bytes in it.

c:/gnupg/test>../gpg.exe --output file1.gpg --encrypt
--recipient cykhung file1
gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory on
this system
gpg: NOTE: this is a development version!
gpg: slow and fast seeders created.
gpg: slow buffer size=131072
gpg: fast buffer size=512
gpg: using a buffer of size=131072
gpg: fatal: rndw32: get_seed(slow) failed: rc=4
secmem usage: 1664/1664 bytes in 5/5 blocks of pool
1664/16384
c:/gnupg/test>

=====