gnupg-0.9.11 - compile oddities

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Fri Sep 3 16:16:27 CEST 1999

This may be fixed in CVS - I haven't found any instructions on how to
grab the CVS sources, so I can't confirm.

Environment: Sparc5, Solaris 7, gcc 2.8.1

When compiling, once make enters the mpi directory, I get fatal errors as
follows (as they're fatal they don't appear like this, but I've grouped
them together).

make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `mpih-add1.lo'
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `mpih-lshift.lo'
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `mpih-rshift.lo'
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `udiv.lo'

Each error can be bypassed by manually doing

echo timestamp > $file

where $file is the file indicated in the error.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Bryan

--