GnuPG is broken when used as filter :-((

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 3 11:30:28 CEST 1999

Khimenko Victor <khim at sch57.msk.ru> writes:

> redhat-release-6.0-1.noarch.rpm is signed and encrypted after decrypting
> there are no information about sign and decrypted file is bigger then
> encrypted -- few tens of bytes attached in the end :-/ Looks like it's "lost"
> signature but it's clearly unappropriate result...

You are right.  There where two problems:  one had to do with
encrypting so a key which has also been set withh --encrypt-to and did
only occur when you did not give the recipient on the command line.

The other one was more serious:  We broke the EOF detetcion for inner
packets some time ago while doing some performance fixes.

Both are fixed in 0.9.11

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013