MS CryptoAPI

Scott Crosby skroz at skroz.net
Sat Aug 19 01:41:23 CEST 2000

> Don't know if you got any hits with this.  I've been playing around
> with implementing gpg via outlook (exchange) extensions, but I really
> haven't gotten too far as I'm working to much for a living. :)
>
> What advantages/disadvantages would there be to implementing gpg
> through the cryptoAPI stuff?  Have you looked into the suitability of
> MS's architecture?

The cryptoAPI seems to be extendable, though I've never done any serious
development under windows.  I've already got a shell and am working on
"putting it all together."  The problem is with bringing the GnuPG code
over to Visual Studio... it ain't easy.  I'm evaluating other development
environments right now, though haven't made much progress.

Scott F. Crosby
E-Mail : skroz at skroz.net
Web : http://www.skroz.net

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is
not the reason we are doing it" -- Richard Feynman

I can accept encrypted messages enciphered with Verisign or GPG/PGP.  Both
public keys can be found below or at http://www.skroz.net