"allow-non-selfsigned-uid"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 2 23:14:30 CET 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, L. Sassaman wrote:

> Would it be possible tonarrow this option down to be
> "allow-non-selfsigned-uid-if-main-uid"? I find most rsa keys I deal with

So waht is the main uid?  The newest one or the one with the most
signatures on it?

The best solution to this problem is by asking the owner to sign his
own key.

The allow-non* option has been intruduced because quite a couple of
folks here in Germany use a hacked version of PGP 2 which splits
signature and encryption key into 2 real keys with some magic strings
in the user ID.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013