Possible bug in util/iobuf.c:iobuf_open on Solaris

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 22 11:05:22 CET 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> the set "-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
> is sufficient; I don't know the flag set for the Solaris headers. You
> might have to do some cleanup, since obviously loff_t will not be a
> 32-bit type any more.

The problem may be that ulong is used at many places so on a 32 bit
system it won.t help much.  Using stdin/stdout should work even on 32
bit systems.

> > etc.); I think it should work with I/O redirection because then
> > for gpg it's just like being used in a pipe.
> >
> If it's implemented correctly in the Solaris kernel, it _won't_ work.

You mean in the shell which is responsible for opening the files for
redirection?

> That's intentional. Heated discussions have been taken place between the
> "make it work, and don't care if some tools fail" and the "we have to do
> this the safe way" people. The latter camp won.

A workaround would be to write a simple cat64 which uses the open64(),
pipe it to gpg and pipe the output to "cat64 --output foo".  Or fix
the shell.

I hope this is whole **** is only true for 32 bit systems.