Info about gpg API

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 27 16:42:07 CEST 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Filippo Portera wrote:

> We are thinking about a strict C API to accomplish this task, avoiding
> forking and

There will be no such library for the foreseeable future.  Given all
the other restrictions of GnuPGs key management, the fork/exec
overhead is not that high.  There are however to possibilities for an
API which uses GnuPG:

  1. A CORBA service which will be done but I have not yet found the
     time to do it

  2. GPAPA (GNU Privacy Assistant Pipe Access) which is the interface
     library GPA uses to access GnuPG.  There is no documentaion yet
     and it has to be included on sourcelevel for now.  Have a look at
     GPA either from CVS or the snapshot we have in the GnuPG devel
     directory.

Werner Koch				OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de